Vision, Mission and Aims
Our school ethos is at the heart of everything we do at Spring Grove.
School ethos: Vision
There is a strong family feel at Spring Grove – a sense that as a community we are all working together towards a common goal. The children at Spring Grove clearly love learning and enjoy living, and we pride ourselves that academic rigour and wellbeing go hand-in-hand. We deliberately cultivate an appetite for adventure and a tolerance for error, creating can-do people, who are able to act independently.
Our expert teachers and support staff deliver an ambitious, broad, knowledge- and skills-based curriculum, where there is mastery of subjects from phonics and numeracy to the skills needed on the sports field or in an orchestra. We are research-led, outward-facing and innovative. There is a culture of coaching, and we have exceptional teachers who learn from each other. There is also strong parental engagement (which matters to us) and we are impact measured.
As our pupils grow, they develop into adaptive, responsive and caring people. We see every child in the school as unique and seek to nurture each individual, so that they develop and thrive in every area of their lives.
School ethos: Mission
We will develop all the children who join Spring Grove to their full potential; academically, socially, physically and emotionally in a supportive, caring and friendly community. Within a beautiful rural setting, our school is small enough for us to know every child and their family and encourage them to support the school motto: ‘Always Do Your Best’.
School ethos: Aims
Our aims are that pupils at Spring Grove School will:
- Fulfil their potential: spiritually, morally, socially, culturally and academically to the best of our and their ability. We go the extra mile to achieve our aims.
- Learn in a stimulating environment: we develop knowledge and skills and nurture a love of learning that will be lasting.
- Grow a thirst for knowledge: we encourage our pupils to develop a spirit of enquiry and an ability to work hard and independently and to value knowledge for its own sake.
- Be considerate: we constantly encourage children to develop a strong social and moral conscience, to look after their neighbour and realise the importance of becoming a good citizen.
- Develop a strong sense of wellbeing: we aim, as far as possible, to develop the whole child in a confident, responsible, successful and happy manner.
- Endeavour to follow the motto Always Do Your Best: an approximate translation of our Latin motto, Ad Alta Prae Clara.